Respecting the privacy of our students’ information is a core value at WealthClasses. This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for WealthClasses, LLC, including our affiliates and our website www.wealthclasses.com.
This privacy notice describes:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect your information.
- How you may access or control information we have about you, including correction of errors.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the owners of the information we collect. When we refer to “your” information we mean information about you; that term does not imply any ownership in information that we have collected. In general, we only collect information that you voluntarily give us. Here are some of the ways we collect information:
- Community: WC is building a community of private lenders and professionals who wish to share knowledge, learn from each other, and collaborate for their mutual benefit. If you participate in this community (whether online or otherwise), we may have access to any information you share on the community platform or with other members of the community, including information about specific transactions. Any information we learn about you through this means will be used primarily to develop or improve the community platform or to otherwise offer or provide you with services.
- Live Events: If you attend a live class or other event, you may voluntarily provide information in the course of the event orally or in writing, including your name, contact information, biographical information, and transaction experience. In addition, your voice or image may be recorded and may be used for marketing purposes or in our educational products such as online courses.
- Other Interactions: We may gather information through a variety of other means, such as by phone or teleconferences, peer group meetings, coaching sessions, and surveys. If you call or email us, your phone number or email address may be stored automatically so that we can respond or otherwise offer or provide information to you. While we generally collect only information that you voluntarily disclose, we may occasionally receive information about you through other means. For example, if you and another WC student are working together on a transaction, we may learn about the transaction from the other student. Or, a third party whom we engage to offer or provide a service may collect information from you and forward it to us. Any information we gather through these means will be used primarily to offer or provide you a service, such as education or coaching. Finally, we may occasionally record telephone conversations for quality control or training purposes but will always ask your permission before doing so.
In general, we use your personal information to offer or provide you with information, products or services or to respond to your inquiries. We do not sell or rent your information to anyone without informing you and giving you an opportunity to object (opt out). However, we may share your information in the following ways:
- With our employees, independent contractors, and service providers who have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the information, and with our affiliates who are under common ownership or control with WealthClasses and who are also covered by our policy.
- When we reasonably believe disclosure is legally required, such as by a court order or subpoena, or in connection with a regulatory investigation; or when disclosure is needed to protect our interests or enforce our rights; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
We take precautions to protect your information, both online and offline. Much of the information we gather is stored in a cloud-based customer relations management system that encrypts the information and requires a passkey to access. We provide a passkey to only those individuals who need it to communicate with you or to offer or deliver information, products or services to you, or to otherwise manage our information systems. All of our employees and independent contractors are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline or other consequences if they fail to meet these obligations.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
If you ask to see information that we have about you, we will make a good faith effort to disclose to you the information that is contained in our information systems about you. We may be unable to ascertain what additional information is personally known to our employees or independent contractors about you.
If you believe the information we have about you is incorrect, you may request that it be corrected, and we will make a good faith effort to ensure that the information we have about you is correct.
If you request that all information about you be deleted from our systems, we will make a good faith effort to delete your information from our active databases, though we may retain the information in our backup copies and archives.
If you request not to be contacted, we will flag your record in our systems accordingly, and our employees and independent contractors will be instructed to not contact you with information, products or services.